What’s Happening at the i18n & L10n Conference?
For the second consecutive year, Lingoport will host the Internationalization and Localization Conference at Techmart in Santa Clara, California.
Register now for $169 before our early-registration deal runs out this Friday (conference price will increase to $199; i18n Training price will increase to $750). Our popular i18n Training is being offered once again, and we only have a handful of spots left.
Pre-Conference Internationalization Training
We are proud to offer our internationalization training the day before the main conference, March 13th. Training will be led by Lingoport’s globalization lead Olivier Libouban, and will cover a number of concepts, including:
- Date/Time formats, Calendars, Time Zones, Currencies & Locale Strategies
- Writing systems & encoding
- Bidirectional languages and pseudo-localization
- Detection and resolution of i18n issues within specific code examples
View the full training agenda and sign up here.
Internationalization and Localization Conference
The main conference will take place on Thursday, March 14th and focus on “bridging the gap between software development and localization.” Like last year’s conference, this year’s event will provide a great opportunity to network and meet globalization professionals. Presenters are industry thought leaders from companies like Intel, Cloudwords, Marin Software, Adobe, Wikimedia Foundation, Elsevier (LexisNexis), Acclaro, Zynga, Smartling, HotelTonight, and SimulTrans.
The full agenda is now available and includes the following presentations:
- Squashing the Top-10 Most Common World-Readiness Bugs
- How Central Visibility of Translation Metrics and Process Changes an Organization
- Case Studies: L10n at Marin Software & Adobe
- Volunteer Localization at Wikimedia Foundation
- Demo Derby
- An Adventure in Internationalization
- 7 Tips for Successful Localization with Agile Development
- How to Drive Efficient Customized Localization with Agility and Intelligence
- Going Global in the Age of Agile Technology
- i18n QA Panel
- Seven Tips to Maximize the Value of your Translation Memory Assets
- Bridging the Gap Between Software Development & Localization Panel
Early registration pricing ends February 22nd; sign up now! Follow hashtag #2013i18n for updates before the conference.
Lastly, a big thank you to our sponsors Cloudwords (Platinum), Moravia (Gold), Smartling (Gold), Simultrans (Bronze) and Acclaro (Bronze) for making this event possible this year
Hope to see you there!